Monday, June 10, 2013

Getting Healthy

Can someone tell me why it cost so much to join a gym and to get healthy? I just don't understand it.

I need to lose 100+ pounds. I need to badly. I know I do. The thing is I need help. I don't know the first thing about where to start. My first thought was join a gym. I thought that was a great place to start. I could talk to a trainer, they can show me what I need to do and how to do it properly. Many trainers also offer advice on nutrition.

Well that idea went out the window, really fast 40.00 a month just for the gym! Not including the trainer. NOPE

Then I thought about Jenny.Craig, Weight Watcher, and the like. Wow, those cost a butt load too.

This is a girl who doesn't have a extra 11 dollars a month, never mind 40. I thought I could stretch the budget and figure something out. I need to. I need to get healthy.

Can someone tell me why being fat is cheaper?

1 comment:

  1. It's a loaded system...loaded against people without a lot of extra cash. The most unhealthy foods are the cheapest foods because of our messed up system that goes all the way back into our farm subsidy system. It is so hard to eat healthy on a low-income budget and then the resources to get fit are very expensive. My chosen exercise when I was a student with zero extra funds was running/walking because all I really need is a good pair of shoes to get started. The good thing that's out there now that I didn't have then is lots of on-line resources and on-line communities for support. Like, #Run3rd is an online running/walking group that is so supportive of people no matter what is going on in our lives or what our fitness goals are. Congrats to you for knowing you need a change. That's always the first step!

    ReplyDelete